Thursday, July 19, 2007

Here Goes

For some reason this posting a blog for the first time is a little intimidating.

Here Goes.

Life seems to be so busy for all of us! I thought I didn't have time to do things before I became RS President, now I know I don't have time but somehow I don't get less done than I did before. I am trying to get our lives (meaning our clutter) in order so that I can concentrate on more important things, like serving others and increasing my ability to listen to the Spirit, spending more time in the temple and all the other things I know will make my life better. We really are working on getting rid of the "stuff", however, when working together on this our problem lies in the fact that Dad's and my definition of "stuff" are not even close to the same!

Just when I think we can take a little time off of work together something happens. A delivery driver quit yesterday and when you only have 10 (really only 8 1/4 because of Steve and Holley) employees in a company, that takes a big toll! There are a few big drawbacks to working with your spouse--like not being able to take time off together!

Life is generally good. I wish I could be more help for our children, but I have to tell you my favorite thing is spending time with grandchildren! I loved having Maddy, Keilla, and Abby stay with us this summer, and am really looking forward to spending time with Faith, Hailey, Noah and getting to know Ammon better! I love coming home and playing with Michael for a few minutes before I go out to make vists in the evening. I've been able to spend a little more time with the "Witt" children too (Joseph likes me best when there is no one else around. Sadee and Brett were able to spend a day recently----I really need to get know Ethan better! I tend to agree with Maddy, we need to all live in a big compound!

I hope everyone participates. Just a few lines every few days will really help us keep connected with each other! And don't forget the pictures!!!! Grandma and Grandpa LOVE pictures.

No comments: